How do I get to Mersea Island?
We have had a few questions on how to get to Mersea Island, so we thought we would put some information together for you.
Before setting off on your journey, ensure you check the tide times as this could affect your journey. Click here to check tide times.
- From the A12 leave at junction 26 which is signposted Halstead & Stanway A1124 and follow signs to Mersea Island B1025.
- As you get closer to the island you will cross the Strood leaving the mainland and arriving onto Mersea Island.
- For Cudmore Grove Country Park at East Mersea, fork left at the corner immediately after crossing the Strood and follow the brown tourist signs- Country Park.
- For West Mersea, where the famous fish eateries are located along with shops, cafes, restaurants, the jetty which is popular for boat trips and crabbing and the high street fork right continuing on the B1025.
- Catch a train from London Liverpool Street to Colchester Station or to Colchester Town Station. Colchester Town Station is closer and a slightly shorter taxi journey to the island, but only by a few minutes. Colchester is less than an hours journey from London and a taxi from the Colchester train stations is approximately 20 minutes to Mersea Island dependant on traffic.
- First Busses operate bus numbers 67 or 67A from the high street in Colchester to West Mersea.
- This link takes you to the bus timetable and locations the busses can be caught, click here. Once you are on the page, just scroll down to Colchester and look for- Services 67 & 67A- Colchester to West Mersea.
- For East Mersea use Cudmore Grove Country Park's postcode- CO5 8UE
- For West Mersea High Street use Marfleets Residential Lettings Agency which is located on the High Street- CO5 8JE
- For Coast Road where the jetty, The Company Shed, Oyster Bar, cafe's & eateries are located use-CO5 8NA
No one has posted any comments yet, why not be the first to share your experiences!